Updated: January 6, 2023
If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted information and would like to review, correct, or remove it from our records, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide: When you visit our Site, we may ask you to provide certain contact information about yourself, such as your name, email address, shipping/billing address, telephone number or credit card information when you purchase or order products, contact us with a question or comment through our “Contact Us” form, subscribe to our services, or register for our catalog and other marketing communications. It is your choice whether or not to provide such information. However, if you choose not to provide the information we request, we will not be able to provide you with the service you request and you may be unable to access certain services and offers.
CCPA Personal Information Collection Disclosure Notice
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) requires us to notify you of the CCPA defined categories of personal information that we have collected from consumers within the last twelve (12) months, as summarized below:
|CATEGORY||EXAMPLES||COLLECTED||Expected Retention Period|
|A. Identifiers.||Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Personal information under the CCPA does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We do not collect sensitive personal information, including:
- Government identifiers (social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number);
- Complete account access credentials (user names, account numbers, or card numbers combined with required access/security code or password);
- Precise geolocation;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Union membership;
- Genetic data;
- Mail, email, or text messages contents not directed to us;
- Unique identifying biometric information; and/or
- Health, sex life, or sexual orientation information
We will not collect additional categories or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
- Credit Card Information
- How We Use Your Information
We will not rent, sell or trade your personal information to any third party without your permission. However, we will cooperate fully should a situation arise where we are required by law or legal process to provide information about a customer as detailed in section 4.
In general, we use your information to provide the services and product orders you have requested and to communicate with you about the same. We may also send occasional information about our products, services and promotional offers to your email address if you make a purchase or sign-up for our subscriptions or services. If you wish to be permanently removed from that list, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
We use information gathered by cookies to improve our website performance and track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We also may use this information to personalize your experience with our Site.
- Who We May Share Your Information With
Except in the limited circumstances set forth below, Serenia Sleep will not sell, share or disclose personal information it collects to third parties without your prior consent or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Statistics. We may share aggregate information with our marketing partners or other third parties for research purposes (ex. we may share information about how many customers purchased a particular product without disclosing that you personally purchased the product).
Service Providers. We also may from time to time contract with third party vendors who help us with our business operations or other aspects of our business, including to provide Internet ads to our customers on our behalf via the Internet or to send direct mail to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services.
Order Fulfillment. When you make a purchase from us while on the Site, we may share your information as is necessary to fulfill your order with a third parties, such as a payment processor.
Legal Compliance. Serenia Sleep may disclose your personal information to other companies and organizations, or governmental agencies when such disclosure is:
- necessary to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by Serenia Sleep, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and other related agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Serenia Sleep, our employees, our users or other members of the general public.
Business Transfers. We may sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, your personal information is generally considered an asset, but remains subject to the terms and conditions of any pre-existing Policy. In addition, we may transfer your personal data to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which Serenia Sleep participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of Serenia Sleep assets to which this Site relates. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
CCPA Personal Information Sharing Disclosure Notice
If you are a California resident, the CCPA requires us to notify you of the CCPA defined categories of personal information that we disclose to third parties for a variety of business purposes. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Serenia Sleep has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to third-party service providers. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Serenia Sleep has not sold any personal information.
We will not sell the personal information we collect. We also will not share it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Do Not Track Signals. Your browser may allow you to set a “Do Not Track” preference. Our Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals.
Promotional Offers from Serenia Sleep. If you do not wish for us to use your contact information to promote our own products or services, including receiving our direct mail or catalogs, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please be aware that even if you opt out to receive marketing communications from us, we may need to retain your contact information to address questions or issues related to your product order or other service request.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
In addition to your other rights described above, you may have additional rights to access, correct or delete your personal information. These rights vary depending on where you reside. But we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request, even if your country or state does not require us to do so.
Additional Rights for California Residents.
If you are a California resident, the CCPA may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. If you are a resident of California, you have the following additional rights:
- Right to Know and Receive Copies of Your Personal Information. You have the right to know certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing that personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: 1) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and 2) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Right to Request We Delete Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, unless retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Your Right to Correct Your Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate personal information about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
To exercise your CCPA rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by calling us at 1-800-225-7352 or completing this form.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) months period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative and escribe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receiving the request. If we need more time (up to 90 days), we will tell you how much additional time we need and explain the reason in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) months period preceding our receipt of the verifiable consumer request. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you, deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA rights, unless permitted by the CCPA.
- Children’s Privacy
Serenia Sleep does not intentionally collect or maintain information on any person under 16 years. We ask that children do not submit information to us without the consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Security
We typically only retain your information for as long as necessary to realize our legitimate business purposes and to comply with applicable law.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
- Privacy Rights for California Residents
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Privacy Officer, Serenia Sleep, 12 Park St., Webster, MA 01570.
- Visiting our Site from Outside the United States
We store and process personal information for Serenia Sleep within the US.
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information will typically be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
- Contacting Serenia Sleep
12 Park St.
Webster, MA 01570